Monday, July 28, 2014

Oh That Kenzie!!

This morning as we were getting to leave, I asked Kenzie if she would give me a really cool Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle poster that she colored a few nights ago.

"Kenz," I asked.  "Can I bring this to school and hang it up in my classroom?"

"Dad," she said, putting on her shoe.  "I can't.  I promised that to KoKo, and she'd be heartbroken if I didn't give it to her."

"Oh, come on," I said, teasing.

Then Kenzie had to explain, "Dad!  That's why I drew you that picture last night. Remember?"

In fact, I did.  She drew a picture of her and I walking down the street while Cash and Mom were in the house.

"Dad, you can always have this painting so when I'm big and move off to college, you can look at it and remember how cute I was when I was little.  That way you'll never miss me."

What a sweetheart!  The wisdom of an almost six year old!

No comments: